Job Description & Person Specification
SCIS Ltd is a large multi-disciplined national contractor and we are looking to recruit an experienced Financial Controller.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Financial Controller is an office based role and will be responsible for the provision of financial information, analysis and advice to the Board, Senior Management team and the day-to-day operations of the Finance Team.
Responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Managing all accounting operations
- Coordinating and directing the preparation of the annual budget and quarterly forecasts.
- Preparing and publishing timely monthly management accounts and Board pack, to include full variance analysis to budget and forecast.
- Creating monthly and annual reports to identify results, trends and financial forecasts.
- Ensuring all reporting is compliant with statutory law and financial regulations.
- Ensuring compliance with all HMRC requirements.
- Documenting business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Management of the full working capital cycle (13 week cashflow forecasting, optimal utilisation of any debt finance, robust invoicing, credit control and supplier payment processes).
- Managing the full weekly and monthly payroll processes, including third party deductions.
- Managing, motivating and developing the finance team.
- Managing the external financial audit process and liaising with external personnel as required.
- Contributing fully to the company’s financial strategy and decision-making processes.
- Presenting reports and results to senior executives, stakeholders and board members.
- Ability to work independently whilst maintaining a supportive, collaborative approach across all business stakeholders and senior leadership.
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to interpret and manipulate large volumes of data.
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills and the ability to influence at all levels within the business.
- Ability to challenge at all levels with clear and reasoned verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work to conflicting deadlines and effectively prioritise own and team’s dynamic workload.
- Fully Qualified Accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA)
- Previous experience in a Financial Controller or Finance Manager role.
- Highly PC literate & skilled with all Microsoft Office Based applications including Word/Excel/PowerPoint.
- Previous experience within the ECO or manufacturing industries
- Experience of Sage Line 50 Accounting package
Essential Personal Qualities
- Professional and positive with high ethical standards.
- The ability to lead a team and be able to inspire and influence both the finance team and wider business.
- A tenacious and pragmatic approach to get to the root of issues and implement appropriate processes and controls.
- Excellent judgement and decision-making skills in a fast paced, commercial environment.
The role is based at our main office in Fareham, Monday-Friday 9am-5pm.
No recruitment agencies please.
Salary competitive and commensurate with the seniority of this role.